Monday, March 9, 2009

Intercultural readliness self Assessment

The first column itemizes personal characteristics that are helpful for cross-cultural interactions. Evaluate your own current intercultural readiness on a scale of 1-100. Also set a target for day. Do this honestly and intuitively.

Current self estimate Score: 1-100
Target after the trip:Score: 1-100

Characteristic:

Open-mindedness
Current self estimate Score: 80
Target after the trip:Score: 85

Comments: I willing to tell people about me and how is my character will them.


Respect for other beliefs
Current self estimate Score: 70
Target after the trip:Score: 80

Comments: I always see people belief and react or don’t do anything.


Trust in other people
Current self estimate Score: 80
Target after the trip:Score: 90

Comments: I always trust people but I don’t know they trust me.

Tolerance for discomfort
Current self estimate Score: 90
Target after the trip:Score: 90

Comments: I will tolerance other people say what but don’t say each other parents. Then I anything also can.


Tolerance for ambiguity
Current self estimate Score: 80
Target after the trip:Score: 80

Comments: I have not a good speaking to people but I like to speak Chinese more than English. In china, their language of speaking is different from us. I will be patience to what they say.


Patience
Current self estimate Score: 80
Target after the trip:Score: 80

Comments: I will be patience to listen to other tell me or what they want to tell me their feeling on them.


Sense of personal control
Current self estimate Score: 80
Target after the trip:Score: 80

Comments: I will control myself of doing anything stupid like hurting anyone or beat people that I don’t know.


Interpersonal skills
Current self estimate Score: 60
Target after the trip:Score: 60

Comments: I have some experience in the china and also his APPG course too.


Willingness to take initiative
Current self estimate Score: 60
Target after the trip:Score: 70

Comments: I will take initiative in making friends with them because they like to us and what we study in Singapore. I will to make friends than no friends in the trip.


Willingness to take risks
Current self estimate Score: 70
Target after the trip:Score: 70

Comments: I will take risk to ask them, what is this item or the place that I don’t know what to go.


Sense of humor
Current self estimate Score: 50
Target after the trip:Score: 60

Comments: My humor not so fun than other friends.


Curiosity about other cultures
Current self estimate Score: 50
Target after the trip:Score: 70

Comments: I like to listen to other cultures if I have doubt I ask them or my friends that will understand more than me.

Comfort level with strangers
Current self estimate Score: 60
Target after the trip:Score: 60

Comments: I like to meet new people because you go out the world and I will see more than the people I don’t know it.